Bahamas Internet Services uses advanced network operations center,
located in the U.S., is connected to the world by three high speed
DS-3 Internet connections through three separate providers: Sprint,
MCI, and UUnet. This high speed connectivity combined with
exceptionaly fast and reliable servers insures your Web site will be
fast and responsive, 24 hours a day, every day.
The best performance for you money.
Don't settle for less after all it's your world image.
Bahamas Internet Services advanced technology features the
Unix Web Servers
- Silicon Graphics and Challenge S Servers
- 256 to 512 MB of RAM
- 4 GB System Disk
- 18 GB Striped Data Storage
- Dual 180 MHZ RISC CPUs
- Operating System - IRIX V6.4
- Web Server Software - Apache
- Silicon Graphics Challenge DM
- Symmetrical Processors - Four
- 512 RAM
- Sybase Data Base
- Silicon Graphics Origin 2000
- Six - R10000 Processors
- 1.5 GB RAM
- Internet backbone level routing
- 1.2 GB/s Cisco
switches as backbone
- Each server has dedicated 10 MB ports
- Speed to router is 100 mb/s
- Three (3) full fiber optic T3's to multiple redundant and diverse
backbones (UUnet, MCI, and Sprint), with additional redundancy /
diversity from dual building entry points and multi-homed central
office provisioning. Systems monitor backbone performance and
automatically send IP traffic down the shortest path using the Cisco
- All servers and communications equipment receive uninterrupted
power via Deltec battery backup (UPS).
- 60,000 watt backup generator can power entire office and all
- All sites are backed-up daily to a 40 TB (terabyte) robotic tape
backup system by Storage
Technologies which employs the latest DLT4 technology.